The Internet has changed. Websites are used differently today from a few years ago. How has it changed, and what does it mean for your website..?
Website Designs for Today’s Internet
Here’s how today’s Internet is used and how that affects the design of your website:
When visitors arrive on your website today, they do so for one of three reasons:
- One of your pages caught their attention in their social media stream
- They did a search on a search engine and your page popped up
- They are on your email list and you gave them a link
They are on your page only to get what was promised, and there are two possible outcomes:
- They got what they were looking for and you have a happy visitor
- They did not get what they were looking for and they left your website
How does this affect your website design?
Each page on a website today must be focused, distraction-free and have a specific objective, which is to deliver on the promise it made in the search results or the social media stream.
And if you don’t show your visitor how to get what they came for, quickly and easily, they will hit that back button in an instant and be gone.
Social media has changed the way people use the Internet. . .
. . . so the design of your website must adapt.
Social media gives people the full range of information in which they are interested, in one place. So it’s an efficient way for people to browse.
That was not the case prior to social media, when people used to browse different websites.
Today, website traffic is transactional. People don’t browse websites.
So the job of your website is to close the transaction.
That means removing distractions, giving clear, simple choices and getting your visitors to what they’re looking for – fast.
That’s today’s Internet, and it’s how most people (including me) use it. So it drives how we design your website.
Abledragon has been designing and building websites since 2009 and, today, we build them for today’s users. Although we are based in Hong Kong, we have and support customers in Australia and the UK – we are very happy to work remotely.
Why should you get a website from us?
Here are a couple of things to think about:
1. Don’t Make Me Think!
In the overall process of website design colours, graphics and images can all be changed in the blink of an eye – simply by changing some code.
What takes a lot longer, and is what will decide whether the website is successful or not, is designing the user-experience and customer-journey.
At Abledragon we focus strongly on making sure that your website provides:
- A good user-experience (meaning it loads quickly, is easy for your visitors to use and delivers on the promise)
- The smoothest and shortest customer-journey possible (meaning we get your site visitors to your conversion page as quickly and seamlessly as possible)
We capture this approach in the expression ‘Don’t make me think’.
Quite simply, that means that we don’t want your site visitors to have to work out what they need to do next, because we make it intuitively obvious.
When this is done successfully your website will be successful and attract returning customers.
‘Don’t Make Me Think!’ lies at the heart of our design focus.
2. Content factors
Although design is clearly very important, it is actually your content that will convince (or not!) your site visitors to take the action you want them to – often referred to as conversion.
Correct use of META and semantic tagging requires expertise. It makes a big difference to how your website pages perform in the search results, and how your visitors behave once they arrive.
With our years of experience of writing for the web, we will provide advice and guidance on structuring and wording your content.
This will help your website to do as well as possible in the search results, and your content to convert as well as possible when your visitors get there.
Want more information?
Download a copy of our free guide giving an overview of the steps you need to go through to set up and promote a website – click here.
Fast-loading, clean, bespoke website designs
- Easy for you to update whenever you want to – no need to wait for us (or anyone else) to do it
- Highly scalable – 5 pages or 500 pages, no problem
- Easy to add any type of new function to
- Based on current (and regularly updated) technology
- Stable and well-supported – it will always function reliably and quickly
Need a shop on your website? No problem. Need a forum? No problem. Need an integrated blog? No problem. Interactive maps? No problem. Responsive design? No problem.
Whatever your requirements, we’d be delighted to discuss the best way of helping you to achieve them – please:
What questions do you have?
Please get in touch – we will answer your questions in plain, simple English and help you to make the right decisions for your website – even if that is not to use us!
But, if you do choose to use us, we can take care of your website project from end-to-end:
- Securing domain names
- Setting up fast, secure hosting tailored to your specific needs
- Designing and building your site (including working with your graphic designers if you prefer)
- Ongoing WordPress technical support, security monitoring and system maintenance services (details here)
- Detailed training and consultancy on using WordPress and marketing online – (details here)
That gives you a one-stop-shop but, of course, we will provide as much or as little as you need.
It may be helpful to see what others have to say about our service. If that would be interesting please click here.
To understand more about how our designs will help your business click here.
Well, unfortunately, we cannot give you a price without first having a clear understanding of what you want your website to do.
All our sites are bespoke – we don’t offer packages or use pre-made templates, so we sit down with you and discuss your individual requirements in detail.
Here’s how we approach the development (or re-development) of your website: details here.
And here’s how we approach pricing: – details here.
When you choose us as your website provider you’ll be working with a team that delivers a lot more than just a website. We pride ourselves on offering a partnership rather than just a website.