What can I help you with:
Website support and maintenance servics – click here.
Consultancy services – click here.
Let me stress right up front: the price for a new website depends entirely on the scope of the project!
And here’s why:
Websites can range from a simple 3-page information site to a full scale eCommerce site handling thousands of dollars in sales each month and, clearly, the development time required for each is very different.
However, purely as a guideline, the price for a straight-forward business site would likely be in the range of HK$10,000 – HK$15,000 (US$1,200 – US$2,000).
This would include:
- A unique design created to your specific requirements (we do not use standard WordPress themes – all sites are individually designed and built)
- The site fully installed and operational on WordPress, on your domain, with extra security protection built in
- Installation and configuration of plugins to help you manage site administration, backups, security, anti-spam, contact forms and sitemaps
- Optimisation of the site to improve both SEO and page-load times
- Training for you on how to update and manage your site
I know that price range is wide but, as I said earlier, a website design project can vary enormously in scope and, therefore, price!
The actual price for your project will depend entirely on your requiremnents.
For example, if you already have WordPress installed and just want a new design there would be no need for the installation, security, SEO or training steps, so the price would be lower.
Alternatively, if you have a current static (HTML) site that you want converted and migrated to a new WordPress-based site, the price would be higher.
Other factors that will affect the final price (this is not an exhaustive list!):
- Loading your initial content
- Creating your initial content
- Additional functionality you require – e.g. an online shop, or a forum
- Setting up email name and address capture functionality and training you on how to use it
- Securing a domain name and hosting
Please let me know what you need and what your budget is, based on which I’ll develop a detailed quote for you:
Out of date software is an open door for hackers and, if your site is hacked, not only do you risk dumping malware on the computers of people visiting your site but your site will be removed from the search engines indices, which will cut off your flow of visitors.
Remember: the hackers don’t care how popular or big your site is, they just want control of as many sites as possible for their own nefarious reasons. So it’s critical to keep all your applications up to date!
To that end, we offer 2 levels of on-going monthly support:
- Regular full-site backups
- Daily monitoring of your site
- Implementation of security patches and updates as soon as they are available
- Updates of any and all application software as and when it is available
- Fixing any problems that are found
- Restoration of your entire site if it’s hacked or damaged
Price: HK$2,000 (US$260) per month or, if you prefer, I can work with you on a job by job basis.
This includes any content (i.e. non-technical) updates – e.g. price changes, special offers, new product lines, etc. These will be done within 24 hours of us receiving your request.
Price: The price for content updating will vary depending on the amount of content updates you make, but is likely to be in the region of HK2,500 – HK$3,500 (US$320 – US$450) per month.
For more information please:
One-to-one consultancy either by Phone or face to face:
Price: HK$750 (US$95) per hour.
If you need me for longer periods we can agree a price based on the length of time you need.
For more information please:
All expenses will be passed through without mark-up.